|MATR Newsletter - Tue Jun 26, 2012|
This MATR newsletter sponsored by:
Add an event...
MATR Web services provided by:
To subscribe or unsubscribe from the free weekly MATR newsletter, please visit our list info page
"Montana always is going to be home for me and you know, I have had so many amazing people help me and my co-founders develop the business we wanted to develop. Anything I can do to pay that forward I’m really happy to do." Lisa Stone -- Missoula native, CEO of BlogHer Lisa Stone "Comes Home" to discuss unlimited world of online media http://matr.net/articl ... .html
Hellgate Venture Network - Caitlin Copple, Missoula's Economic Development Priorities, 6/28, Missoula http://www.matr.net/ar ... .html ---
Montana Department of Commerce
Blackfoot Telecommunications Group
- Statewide Housing Conference Slated for June 26-28 in Billings, Montana
"We promise three days packed with information on housing and topics ranging from, creating security and opportunity through housing, fighting homelessness, housing resources and the impact of foreclosures in Montana," said conference organizer Sheila Rice, Executive Director of NeighborWorks Montana.
Great Falls Development Authority
- Internet service provider service reviews: Blackfoot Telecommunications Group - Verdict: Excellent!
Issues are resolved rapidly and clearly this is a company that cares more about its customers than it does about making a quick dollar. It is too bad that more ISP companies don't take their lead. A great measure of how good an ISP is can be seen in the level of support they provide. Blackfoot provides excellent support services.
- Agri Tech Park in Great Falls, Montana possible location for Canadian company's factory
"Right now the company is on the eastern seaboard of Canada, but they want a plant in the West," said Doney. "We have a strategic advantage because we are located in the middle of the energy activity that is going on in Alberta, in Utah and in North Dakota."
Come Home Montana
- Cleantech Open Western Region Announces 2012 Competition Semifinalists
47 companies have been selected to compete in the Western region competition; 6 of them will face off against teams from around the nation in a quest for $1 million in prizes and the prestigious national cleantech title.
Hellgate Venture Network
- Missoula native, CEO of BlogHer, Lisa Stone "Comes Home" to discuss unlimited world of online media
Montana always is going to be home for me and you know, I have had so many amazing people help me and my co-founders develop the business we wanted to develop. Anything I can do to pay that forward I'm really happy to do. Lisa Stone
- Montana Career Opportunity - Linux Systems Administrator - Blackfoot Telecommunications Group
This position is responsible for the day-to-day operations and maintenance of all Linux Servers and applications.
- Montana Career Opportunities - Communication Wiring Technician - Computer Sales Associate - Computer Software Engineer & Applications II - Network Security Administrator - Senior Network Administrator - Montana State University
Put your IT skills to work where working matters at Montana State University
- Montana Career Opportunity - Wireless Network Manager - Triangle Communications
Based out of the Havre, MT office, duties include ensuring the security, integrity and development of the Companies' wireless voice and data networks to include construction of new sites, RF engineering, and supervision of COE-Wireless Technicians.
- Montana Career Opportunity - Executive Director - Montana Business Assistance Corporation Inc.
Montana Business Assistance Connection (MBAC) is a non-profit, member supported economic development organization in Helena Montana.
- Montana Career Opportunity - PHP Programmer - Social Engine
I need assistance on a contract basis in the Missoula area (albeit elsewhere if not too far and we can communicate effectively) from a skilled PHP coder to perform major modifications and customization to a PHP social buying network.
- Hellgate Venture Network - Caitlin Copple, Missoula's Economic Development Priorities, 6/28, Missoula
Caitlin Copple, Chair of the Missoula City Council's Economic Development Subcommittee will speak and answer your questions about the City's economic development priorities and challenges.
MSU Leadership Institute & UM Global Leadership Initiative
- MTA Annual Meeting: August 6-8 (Program Synopsis)
Don't miss this opportunity for telecom policy immersion, combined with lots of fun and friends. To download your registration for the 2012 MTA Annual Meeting, go to our web site at http://www.telecomassn.org.
- Montana SBA District Office Newsletter
The U.S. Small Business Administration and AARP are launching a strategic alliance to provide counseling and training to entrepreneurs over the age of 50 who want to start or grow a small business.
- Montana gets low marks for manufacturing - high marks for tax climate
"The composition of manufacturing in Montana is very different than the national average. You are just not comparing the same industries."
- Wisetail - Bozeman, Montana based company successful with unconventional business model
Bozeman based Wisetail http://www.wisetail.com/ tech company founder Justin Bigart has quitely built up his online employee training website into one of the top new tech companies to watch throughout the nation.
- Welcome to Montana Community Finance Corporation (MCFC) - Helping Business Take the Next Step!
Our mission is to stimulate growth and expansion of small business and employment in Montana. Let us help you!
- Billings, Montana based Meadowlark generates $100 million from out of state clients brokering big truckloads
A little-known Billings company that brokers loads for independent truckers and moves oil rigs is quietly churning $100 million in revenue per year, most of that money being made out of state.
The Missoula Economic Partnership
- Leading with questions instead of answers
There's a principle in leadership that says the further you advance in responsibility, the more you must rely on questions rather than answers.
- Missoula network, sessions foster growth - Innovation-based Economic Development
Will one of them be the next HP or GE? I don't know. But I'm glad the partnership is playing a role in helping these innovative, passionate entrepreneurs find out.
Come Home Washington
- What Great Entrepreneurs Do Best to Earn Their Fame
Top performers in all professions have the same key traits listed here. I agree they certainly apply to the great entrepreneurs I have known. You need to think about how they apply to you.
- Law Grads Face Brutal Job Market
The numbers suggest the job market for law grads is worse than previously thought.
- Why Women Still Can't Have It All
I still strongly believe that women can "have it all" (and that men can too). I believe that we can "have it all at the same time." But not today.
- Why I Live Where I Live Lurching from one near disaster to another ... By Warren Miller
Let me count the reasons why I prefer island living...
- University of Washington program tries to give rural Idaho medicine a boost
As of June 2011, there were 515 Idahoans who graduated from the program practicing medicine nationwide, with 254 of those having practiced in the state.
- Mistakenly released database reveals that Florida has pledged nearly $155 million in incentives to create jobs
The pledges came with promises to create up to 32,570 jobs, according to a database from the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity.
21st Century Education Initiative - "You Should Care..."
- Missoula inspires chain of pubs in United Kingdom
Stonegate Pub Co. Chairman Ian Payne "loves the U.S., loves the people and loves the countryside." But out of the 47 states he's visited, Montana is his favorite.
- Best Small Towns for Business in America
Location has become much less important since business people can now work "anywhere and anywhen."
Montana Education Excellence
- Why Every School Needs an 'Innovation Day'
Google's policy of 20 percent time--giving employees plenty of free time work on whatever they want--is world famous for being the birthplace of innovative products-- most famously, Gmail. But what would happen if schools gave students a similar amount of unstructured free time and allowed them to take control of their own learning?
Funding and Building your Business
- Preserving the People's Universities - Land Grant Universities
I write this article not out of dissatisfaction with my life as a professor, but because I think the LGUs are drifting away from their mission as providing help and education for common people like my family and me.
- $2 Million Gift To The University of Montana Will Fund Scholarships For Service-Minded Students
"Through establishment of this endowment, it is my intention to inspire young people to engage in service to their communities," Jim Auger
- For Social Media Marketing, Go Pro Or Go Home
Expertise matters a great deal when you're performing any business task, and social media is no exception.
- The Terms of Business: How to Negotiate a Partnership Agreement
Do yourself a favor - don't leave it all up to the lawyers. Partnerships are about a shared vision, so make sure business comes first and foremost.
- Treat Your Startup Like a Business From the Start
Just because you are not profitable yet, doesn't mean you can skip the record keeping.
- 10 Tips on Making a Memorable Investor Pitch
The average length of a funding pitch to angel investors is ten minutes. Even if you have booked an hour with a VC, you should plan to talk only for the first fifteen minutes.
- "The Bootstrapper's Bible"
When you hear the word "bootstrapping," most people assume you're talking about a company that was started without a lot of money.
- NASA Opens Doors to Innovation and Collaboration; Launches Technology Transfer Portal
In an effort to accelerate technology transfer from NASA into the hands of American businesses, industry and the public, the agency's new Technology Transfer Portal is open for business.
- Should your startup enter the world of business blogging?
Setting up a presence on social media platforms and testing out segmented email marketing campaigns are today's most promising marketing initiatives for startups.
- Why Pixar Employees Wear Kilts on Fridays
It's just one of those great morale boosters to show your commitment to the project.
- The 10 Best Sources of Cash to Start Your Business
Startup founders often fixate on one or two sources, often to the detriment of their business.
To subscribe or unsubscribe from the free weekly MATR newsletter, please visit our list info page