"The Power of Place 2.0: The Power of Innovation—10 Steps for Creating Jobs, Improving Technology Commercialization, and Building Communities of Innovation"
|March 5, 2010||View for printing|
Our newest publication, entitled The Power of Place 2.0: The Power of Innovation (authored by Brian Darmody, Associate Vice President for Research and Economic Development at the University of Maryland) calls for specific legislative and policy reforms to:
• Encourage development into designated communities of innovation
• Improve technology transfer through reform of restrictions
• Support proof-of-concept funding
• Create a congressionally-chartered technology intermediary organization
• Connect federal researchers with private companies
• Create more private sector involvement near federal labs
• Expand corporate R& D credits
• Reform export controls
• Redefine “private use” restrictions in university facilities
• Include entrepreneurship in STEM initiatives
Full Report: http://www.aurp.net/more/legislationindex.cfm
No reader comments so far. Be the first to comment by clicking the button below.
Reprinted under the Fair Use doctrine of international copyright law. Full copyright retained by the original publication. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, this material is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.