Read more stories about
Montana Economic Development >>

MATR Sponsor:


MATR Supporters:

Montana Homeland Security Announces $6.6 Million Grant - Eligible state, tribal and local jurisdictions invited to apply.

January 13, 2009View for printing

The Senior Advisory Committee (SAC) for Montana’s State Homeland Security Program has announced a Homeland Security grant totaling $6.6 million, inviting eligible state, tribal and local jurisdictions to apply.

This money is allocated to assist Montana in its efforts for preparedness planning, law enforcement terrorism planning and prevention, and the State Homeland Security Program. Each applicant must identify their risk, propose how they can mitigate, reduce or eliminate that risk, and demonstrate how these actions will contribute to the overall effort to minimize Montana’s vulnerabilities to hazards.

Eighty percent (80%) of this funding must be allocated to local jurisdictions with the remaining twenty percent (20%) going to the State of Montana for state agency participation.

Applications are due by February 6, 2009. A sub-committee of the SAC will review and rank all applications by February 20, 2009 and make funding recommendations. Those selected applicants will be submitted for approval March 20, 2009 to the Department of Homeland Security.

####

Media Note:

State/Local Allocations:

Local Allocation: 80% or $5.3 million

State Allocation: 20% or $1.3 million

Specific Allocations:

Preparedness Planning totals $1,700,000.00

Law Enforcement Terrorism Planning and Prevention totals $1,800,000.00

Homeland Security Program $3,100,000.00

#####

Monique T. Lay, Public Information Officer

Montana Disaster and Emergency Services

Phone: (406) 841-3911

Cell: (406) 439-9414

Email: mlay@mt.gov
No reader comments so far. Be the first to comment by clicking the button below.





Reprinted under the Fair Use doctrine of international copyright law. Full copyright retained by the original publication. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, this material is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.


E-mail this page to a friend!